[UPDATE: Version 1 Beta of the Respect Trust Framework, incorporating feedback received since the Public Review Draft published in May, was listed with Open Identity Exchange on August 15, 2011.]
Connect.Me published Public Review Draft #1 of the Respect Trust Framework with Open Identity Exchange (OIX) on May 10, 2011. The public review period will last for at least 30 days. To submit comments, please join the Personal Data Ecosystem Consortium Developer List.
The purpose of the Respect Trust Framework is to define a simple set of principles and rules to which all members of a digital trust network agree so that they may then share identity and personal data with a high degree of confidence that it will be safe and only used as authorized.
- Promise: Every member promises to respect the right of every other member to control the identity and personal data they share within the network and the communications they receive within the network.
- Permission: As part of this promise, every member agrees that all sharing of identity and personal data and sending of communications will be by permission, and to be honest and direct about the purpose(s) for which permission is sought.
- Protection: As part of this promise, every member agrees to provide reasonable protection for the privacy and security of identity and personal data shared with that Member.
- Portability: As part of this promise, every member agrees to ensure the portability of the identity and personal data shared with that Member.
- Proof: As part of this promise, every member agrees to share the reputation metadata necessary for the health of the network, including feedback about compliance with this trust framework, and to not engage in any practices intended to game or subvert the reputation system.
The Respect Reputation System
The Respect Trust Framework is made self-reinforcing through use of a peer-to-peer reputation system called the Respect Reputation System™.
The Respect Promise™
The Respect Promise is the contractual commitment made by and among members upon joining the trust network that establishes mutual duties and benefits among all members as expressed by the statement:
“I promise to uphold the purpose, principles, and rules of the Respect Trust Framework.”